October 2, 2013

 I'm so glad its my first P-day. It's been the longest week ever. I hardly even know what has gone on yesterday. So much has happened since I got here and I love it so much. Our second day here we taught our first investigator in Spanish. It was so difficult to get our point across and the understand what he was telling us but it was really cool to see how the spirit lead us. We were able to eventually understand somewhat what he was saying and it ended up pretty great! We have taught him 4 times now and we are going for our 5th time tonight :) his name is Julio. Tonight we are going to finish teaching him about the restoration of the church! And last time he accepted our Book of Mormon and said he would read and pray to know if it was true. My companion is great we get along really well for the most part we are still trying to figure out how to teach and work in unity. It's really hard with someone you don't really know and have never spent time with, but we never fail to get on our knees and ask our Heavenly Father for help in prayer. I really do see our prayers being answered all day long and I love it. We have already learned so much Spanish even though its been a few days! I wish we could learn it faster but I know it's going to take a lot of faith and prayer for us to be blessed with the gift of tongues. My brain hurts from all the studying we do! I'm surprised I can wake up in the morning but I seem to do it somehow with some encouragement from my companion!! This morning we went to the temple! It was amazing I love the temple so much even though I can't understand anything because its in Spanish but the spirit is the same. I love to feel the spirit! It is so strong and to know that someone in heaven is finally getting their work done. Mexico city is crazy!!! The drive from the airport was so scary! Cars are everywhere, driving inches away! It gets pretty exciting! Its pretty weird being able to hear gun shots throughout the day! Hahaha! Don't be scared mom! I'm OK! Nobody is going to shoot me. But they are everywhere throughout the day! We're pretty used to them now. So its like oh...there's another gunshot! Haha!! The food here is pretty dang gross. But I get so hungry I eat it anyways so I'm kind of used to it. I would describe it as either tasteless food or spit it out I'm going to puke. Thankfully they do have some cereal :) It gives me a little taste of home!! I want you guys to know I love being here and I love this gospel so much. The spirit is so powerful and it changes peoples heart. You guys are in my prayers and I love and miss you guys. I sent letters off a few days ago but it will take 2 weeks to get there.
 Love,
Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment