October 9th, 2013


 Hey I'm doing really good over here for the most part! I had a pretty rough few days. The first week none of the food got to me but by the time the 2nd week started, stuff really went down hill. My companion thought it was funny to see how many times I was in the bathroom each day. So here's the count....Friday 14, Saturday 8 or 9, Sunday 7. I'm feeling a little better now! My branch president got me some Imodium pills but he only gave me 4 so hopefully it doesn't start up again.
 General Conference was amazing I got a lot out of it this year. I was never able to watch a full session but now i was able to watch 10 full hours. It's crazy to see how things change when your a missionary. I would never have been able to get that much out of conference if I wasn't a missionary! Sunday morning we had a class with the whole MTC and my zone sang the EFY medley in Spanish  My testimony grew so much about the power of music! I may not be able to sing at all it probably hurt peoples ears and I didn't understand much at all of what I was saying but I felt the spirit so strong. We all sounded so good together I love it :)
 Our roommates last night left to go to Houston Texas  It was pretty sad to see them leave because after 2 weeks we had became so close to them. We spent a lot of time talking and getting to know them in that 2 weeks. We even had a little war going where we would get into each others rooms and make forts and mess things up when they were gone! It was a lot of fun! They will be awesome missionary's! I would approve if Randee emailed one of them! They sent us much encouragement though...they left letters by our door last night and they were amazing. Sometimes just being a friend and having fun with people is huge. We help them out a lot and in return we are so blessed, Its amazing :)
 We are getting 2 new investigators this week I'm so excited! Even though it's just a teacher dressed up and acting like a real investigator, we learn so much. The spirit is still there and it tells us what we need to be saying and having them do! I love hearing them say that our message helped them, that they felt our message was true, and they needed it in their life its incredible!
 Spanish is coming, a little rough. We are able to understand a lot more and speak a lot more but its difficult to have the discipline to only speak Spanish  There is so much I don't know and I want to know right now! But I have to remember the Lord will make it happen in His own time and it will probably be in a long time. I'm looking forward to that day so I can share what I believe to be true with them and not be worried about saying the wrong things! I'm keeping my faith strong and continuing to pray constantly!
 They wont let us exchange US money for Pesos anymore so if you would like to send it in a package you could send a little bit! I would love a snack every once in awhile :)
 Love,
Elder Call

Elder Call with his zone...

The fence around the MTC...

Look at those smiles....

Elder Call was also able to see his good friend, Elder Peyson Erickson, who arrived at the MTC October 8th, 2013.....

No comments:

Post a Comment